IDA Webinar Series
Overcoming Dyslexia: What Does It Take
This hour long webinar with internationally respected reading teacher and educator, Patricia Mathes, PhD., will explain:
- The basic components of effective instruction
- Explain how the nature of this instruction changes with each tier of instruction
- Provide the critical information schools need to ensure that scientifically sound instruction is provided to students who struggle to read at every tier of instruction
Curing Dyslexia: What Is Possible?
This one hour long webinar with internationally resected reading teacher and educator, Patricia Mathes, Ph.D., will cover:
- The causes of poor reading;
- Review evidence of how reading changes brain structure and function; and
- Share instructional components that address differences in the dyslexic brain and strengthen key areas of the brain for all readers.
How They Can Improve Reading Instruction for All Students
The IDA Knowledge and Practice Standards for Teachers of Reading define what all teachers of reading (classroom educators and dyslexia specialists) need to know and be able to do to teach all students to read proficiently. In recognition of Dyslexia Awareness Month, IDA has invited Dr. Louisa Moats to review the science behind these standards, consider some examples of what these standards mean for teacher training, and review the certification alternatives presently offered by IDA. Professionals looking to increase their knowledge and skills and parents eager to better understand the components of effective reading instruction will all want to watch this free 60-minute webinar originally presented on 10/12/16.
Certification for Teachers of Reading
The International Dyslexia Association (IDA) issues certifications recognizing professionals with the knowledge and skills to teach individuals with dyslexia to read.The purpose of these credentials is to appropriately assess a professional’s ability to provide the necessary remediation for individuals with dyslexia and offer information to the public to choose qualified professionals. Specifics about each level of certification, the qualifications necessary for certification, as well as guidance on teacher preparation will be presented in this webinar by Dr. Suzanne Carreker originally presented on 1/26/17.